To enable us to undertake our business ABC Ambulance Services [UK] Ltd. [ABC] collect and use personal information about individuals. We recognise the trust placed in us by individuals whose information we use.
It is important to us that we are open and honest about the way we use information and we are committed to ensuring that we do so in a manner that is both lawful and respects your privacy.
This privacy notice sets out the details about how we collect, use and look after information (known as processing) and what you can expect from us.
The information we collect and the reason for collecting it is different for different groups of individuals.
This policy includes:
• Your rights as an individual
• Contacting us about your information.
• The information we collect and use
• How we keep your data safe and how we share that information
• How long we keep information about you
• Changes to this Policy
• What we use information for
• How we collect information about you
Your rights as an individual
We feel it is important that you are aware of your rights as an individual.
• The right to be informed - you have the right to be told about how and when your personal information will be used. Our aim is that this notice, in conjunction with statements on other materials, provides a clear and transparent description of how your information will be used.
• Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (this is also known as a 'Subject Access Request').
• Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. You should be aware we are required to keep most information for a minimum period of time.
• Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have the right to restrict our processing of your information.
• Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing including profiling. You have the right to ensure decisions about you are not automatically made by a system or technology.
If you have any concerns or questions about your rights as an individual please contact us. You are entitled to an independent review of our actions should you have a concern or feel we have not respected your rights.
If you feel this is the case you can register your concern with the UK Information Commissioner's Office. Details on how to do so can be found here on their website (https://ico.org.uk/concerns) or by calling 0303 123 1113.
Contacting us about your information
Your personal contact details are used in order for us to manage our relationship with you. General enquiries can be directed to:
Michael Daly, ABC Ambulance Services [UK] ltd.
20a Broomburn Drive, Newton Mearns, Glasgow G77 5JF
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 01324 875662
The information we collect and use
Depending on your relationship with us and the services you use the information we hold about you may include the following:
• Your personal details (such as your name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, work address etc);
• Details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services;
• Our correspondence and communications with you;
• Information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
• Information we receive from other sources
• Information used to identify you or devices you use such as IP addresses How we keep your data safe and who has access
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details; for example our emails are always encrypted and our network is protected and monitored.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff and contractors.
We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
We will only ever share your data in other circumstances if we have your explicit and informed consent.
How long we keep information about you
We realise it is important for you to know and understand how long we will keep and use your data. We are required by certain laws and regulations to maintain records for certain periods. Once your information is no longer required it is disposed of securely.
Changes to this Policy
What we use information for
We will mainly use your data to:
• Providing invoices to customers.
• If you are a customer, keep a record of your relationship with us
• In the case of paramedic services record any treatment given.
• If you are an employee, keeping accurate HR records
We do not use your data for direct marketing or sell any data to other companies.
How we collect information about you from
We collect information in the following either;
Directly; You may give us your information in order to use our services, e.g. if you were booking an ambulance for your own transport
Indirectly; Your information may be shared with us by organisations such as the NHS so that we can arrange transport for you.
From the moment you register your interest to work with us, ABC will ensure that we gather and secure only relevant information from you as part of our recruitment process.
ABC ensures all personal information of our Employees and Bank Workers is kept securely and is up to date.
Updated June 18 2018